Monday, June 5, 2006

Lots of stuff.....

Wow! What a game. Just finished watching Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals. I'm torn. I don't think I've ever liked both teams before. Edmonton, such a hard working team. 8th place in the West and look, they're in the Finals. Okay, so I really like Dwayne Roloson - Rollie the goalie. It killed me to see him struggling earlier this season with the Wild but I'm ecstatic that he could pick up his game after the trade deadline. Now, he's out for the rest of the series. Wow. What a loss for Edmonton. Craig McTavish said he thinks they can still win with their #2 and #3 goalies.
Carolina - so many guys on this team that I respect, the main one being Hedican. He's married to Kristi Yamaguchi!! So cute. He played for Vancouver in 1994 when they went to the Finals and lost to the Rangers in 7 games. Of course, my all time favorite player, John McIntyre was also on this team. I respect Hedican for his grit and integrity on the ice.
See, I'm torn. Who do I want to win? Well, if either team wins, I'll be happy. I have to say, this is the first time I haven't wanted one team eliminated more than the other. Strange.

So, for those of you that watched the game, awesome eh? Don Cherry sightings, Mark Messier guest commentating, the announcer that sounds like his head is going to explode because he's too excited. Then there's the good goaltending at both ends - Cam Ward = WOW! The penalty shot, the physicality of the game. I LOVE playoff hockey! Of course, my least favorite ref was out there tonight. McGeough. Blech. 'McPoo' is more like it. Whose idea was it to hire a referee with the same last name as a blind cartoon character??? They should be fired.

Moving on - I spent the weekend at Strictly Scrapbooking in Torrance - Wow! Awesome store. Tons of cool product - geared more towards the adult scrapper instead of the kid scrapper. I don't have kids so all of the pinks and baby blues just don't appeal to me. I need adult like papers and embellishments. This store certainly has them. If you get a chance, check it out. Sophia is awesome!! http://www.strictlyscrapbooking.com/ Then, there's Teresa. http://www.junkitz.com/designers/blogger.cfm?UserName=Collins&View=Blogz Do I need to say anymore??? Love this girl! So creative. Can't wait to see her new line of papers. If you read her blog, thats me in the second picture - all the way in the back - hiding behind someones head. Yep, thats me. She even refers to me as her 'Blog Stalker'. :) Everyone in her classes referred to themselves as Blog Stalkers. Too funny. Yep, we wait and wait and wait for people to update their blogs just to get a glimpse of their genius. Some pics of the class projects are posted on the Strictly Scrapbooking site but I will post some here later.

Just finished a bunch of altered wooden letters. The cool ones from Provo Craft. Can't find a direct link to them, but they're the 9 inch white letters. I covered them with patterned paper and embellishments. Love, love, love the way they came out. Pics to follow!

Just got the emails to order the Jenni Bowlin Monthly kits and the Scrapologie Monthly kits. If you haven't seen these two, you need too! Amazing amounts of product and the ideas are genius. Check out my links section. Jenni's had some problems with her site lately and if you read her blog, she's totally embarrassed. She shouldn't be. Her kits are always fresh and exciting and I know there are many of us who wait with baited breath each month for the announcement that they're ready. All of the changes to her site were designed for us and I totally appreciate it. Jenni - as Donna Downey would say "You ROCK!"

Off to bed. Its past my bedtime. For someone who has to get up at 3:30, I stay up too late! No, I'm not crazy, I just have to get up that early to get to work by 5 am. Its all worth it though because I get a three day weekend every week. Lots of scrappin' time.

Nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment