Saturday, May 9, 2015

Just got home....

from a whirlwind 3 day retreat.  My friend runs a small retreat here in So Cal and 4-5 times a year, we all escape.  It really is the one true time I scrapbook anymore.

If you are local -or- want to join us, the next weekend away is in August.  Check out justcropretreats.com for more info and to register.

I didn't take much really, just some older Studio Calico, Cocoa Daisy and Scraptastic kits.  I didn't get through all of them but I did make a dent.  I used about half.  I resolved to make what I could with the kits and not try to use every. last. bit.  I start to really burn out on kits if I push myself.  On the other hand, I want to feel like I got what I paid out of them too.  But I end up with half used kits sitting on my shelf and they never get used.  I end up donating or selling off a flat rate box full of old kit contents.

My resolution this time was to use what I could from the kits and move on.  Hand the bits and pieces off to someone else.  I managed to get 3 really good layouts out of the 3 kits I did use so I'm very proud of that.  I feel like I used what I could and I'm in love with the final layouts.

Time to share!


This was an older Studio Calico kit.  I really love the star paper.  I wanted to watercolor some of them in but I like the stark contrast to the black and orange so I left it.  I have some scraps left of this so you may see some watercoloring in the future.

The wood veneer 'RAD' - yeah, I've been holding on to that for a while now.  Just use it right?  It can't be RAD if its hidden in a bag.

And the title.  I stamped that using an exclusive stamp set from Studio Calico.  Their alpha sets are by far my favorite.  These were no exception and I rushed during pre-sale to get these and the number set.  LOVE them.  I stamped them twice.  Once in a color and once in black, just offsetting them so you can see the detail.  

And the flair button.  You can find the biker set in the A Flair For Buttons Etsy store.  Again, something I've been hoarding for a while.  






I'm a huge Echo Park fan.  I buy 80% of their lines so when they released their new boy line - Jack and Jill - I had to have it.  These are my favorite boy colors and go with 90% of my sons closet.  As I rifled through the mile high stack of photos I want to scrap and saw these, they were perfect.

The 'Rad' tag (yes, there was a lot of RAD going on that weekend)is from Amy Tangerine.  The pack of pre-punched tags came in a kit.  I used them on several layouts because they were so versatile.  I will be punching my own tags in the future.  


 More flair from the a Flair for Buttons Etsy shop.  I'm addicted to the flair!



One last one today.  (I have a lot to share!)  Another Studio Calico kit.  I'm horrible about keeping track of the products I use but I believe this is the original kit those tags came in.  I added some items from my stash in like:

Chic Tags: tags, rubbing and stickers.
Amy Tangerine - sticker letters
A Flair For Buttons - Let's Eat flair
Jillibean Soup sticker words 








I'm so glad I got as much done as I did.  I made a dent in some of my supplies and that makes me a happy girl.  I also got to spend some time with friends and relax.  It was my Mother's Day present - a weekend away.  Today we celebrate the real Mother's Day and I'll be running around visiting family.


No comments:

Post a Comment