Saturday, January 15, 2011

You can't make this stuff up.....

I can't remember where I first saw this book, probably in one of my 25 or so parenting/family related magazines each month.

I'm always tearing pages out....
Anyway, I finally ordered it.  Kind of a Christmas present to myself.

I should have had this from the moment Nick could talk because there are always zingers flying out of his mouth.  You try to record them in scrapbooks but there have been so many that I know I'm forgetting some.

This book is going to be my quote diary.  Something I can hand him when he's an adult and laugh while he asks 'did I really say that?!?!'

Here's one from 1/10/11

We were playing with big boy legos not Duplos.  He was fascinated with all of the cool things you can do with the regular legos.  Duplos are so boring.

We're talking about a set like this:

I can't find my exact one on their site but its a yellow and black house.  Same concept.
Anyway, he was fascinated with all of the cool features, like the BBQ and the mailbox.
I started discussing with him the opportunities if he was good with his toys.  Maybe we could give Bodhi his Duplos and he can play with my legos.

I have about 8 buckets full of blocks just waiting until he's old enough.

He was very excited and played nice with the Lego house.

So I asked him if he wanted to give Bodhi the Duplos and move to the big boy blocks.

Nick: Yes.  We can give Bodhi the baby blocks.
Me: Thats so nice of you.
Nick: Can we drive up there now and give them to him?
Me: No, but we'll see him in a few weeks when Aunt Annette comes in from Germany
Nick: I want to go to Germamy.

My little traveler.

PS.. Daddy, if you're reading this, mommy really wants this house.  Or even this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment