Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Summer Mini Book Part 2

Remember this massive post?  I was prepping this album.  If you are interested in picking up any of the things I used that I found on Etsy, I referenced the shop in my original post.

Here is the first half of it.

All papers are from the Simple Stories 100 Days of Summer line. You can find that in the shop.
Everything else is from my stash or stuff I found along the way.


 The epoxy circles are the Epiphany Crafts 20 Circles.  

Page1: Kraft cardstock, white mist, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Studio Calico ferris wheel stamp, ticket from Etsy.

 Those teeny letters?  From Lily Bee.  I think this company is so underrated.
 I'm really bad about journaling.  I'm working on making something fit.
 I love the tags and extras included with the Simple Stories lines.  These were perfect for the mini album. I used a lot of the 4x6 tags to add pages.
Another thing you'll see a lot of in here are tags from both Elle's Studio and Shabby Chic Crafts.  You can find Shabby Chic Crafts in the shop.
 Another 4x6 tag.
 Crocheted heart is from Etsy.

 More Elle's Studio tags.

 Shabby Chic Crafts tags (summer icons)


 That goofy smile.  I don't have one picture this summer without a goofy smile. I'll be glad when this phase is over.


 I got really creative with this page.  I had too many fun pictures from the beach and no way to display them without making the book huge!  So I made a mini foldout.  Its kraft paper.  I cut 4 strips of 4x8 cardstock.  Each piece is layered to become one of the foldouts.
 Crocheted star from Etsy shop.
 You can see the first two fold outs here.  I then added another 2 foldouts on top of the bottom two but they open up and down vs. out.




 You can see how all 4 pieces expand to create a mini book on the page.









This is the first half of the book.  I'll post the second half when I'm done.

And this isn't the only crafty thing I've been up too.......  More layouts coming up!

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely summerbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is this mini! Toally fun! Love the clever foldouts! :)

    ReplyDelete