Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer mini book - Part 1

I've got a massive project going right now and its going to take me a couple of weeks to finish it.  Here is Part 1.

While shopping all of the fun stores during the So Cal Shop Hop, I picked up some fun things that I thought would make a great mini album.  I've had my eye on the Simple Stories papers for a while and I finally picked some up.





As we hit different stores, I found little things to add to this book and ideas flooded my mind.  I immediately came home and started working on it.

From my stash.....
 Tickets are from Etsy.
 Etsy find.
 Elles Studio summer items.
 Some fun finds in different stores....




 Studio Calico stamps

The album prep.  I used the diecut station in one store to diecut these roughly 9x6.5 sheets of chipboard into this scalloped rectangle.

My new addiction is Tim Holtz Crackle Paint.  Glossy Accents has taken a back seat while I work with this new medium.  Because it was a summer/beach album I wanted it to have that old wood look.  Because I don't care about the life of this book, I sprayed it with a matte finish spray I found at Michaels.  I noticed my crackle paint was starting to chip off and I didn't like that.  I had to seal it with something.





Part 2 - picking the paper and building the base of the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment