Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Weekend Getaway Mini

In August, I was lucky enough to get away for a few days with my husband for a quick road trip north. We drove up to Berkeley to see my favorite band of all-time perform in the hometown.

I'm a Counting Crows freak to say the least.  I've been a fan since 1994 and love seeing them live.

When the chance came to see them in Berkeley I grabbed it, along with some VIP passes to meet the band.  They also included sound check.  Pretty awesome.

So my husband and I made a whole weekend of it.  I was lucky enough to know that the perfect supplies waited for me when I got home.  The August Scraptastic Kit featured guitars and music notes and a few previous Scraptastic kits were perfect for the rest of the book.  I collected some other supplies from Cocoa Daisy, Studio Calico and of course, a (flair) for buttons Etsy shop.

Everything is done except for the cover.  I still need to work on that.

 I used up a lot of my older Chic Tags Road Trip tags as well as some of their newer supplies like the wood veneer.  The convertible stamp is from Cocoa Daisy.  I stamped that in orange ink and then embossed in orange to make it really stand out.


 I think this is my favorite page in the album.  I used an October Afternoon 6x8 mini and it came with the 2x2 page protectors.  At first I struggled with how to use them and then this idea popped into my head.  I had made a playlist for the drive so I pulled some of our favorite songs (or songs that bring back good memories) and typed them up in word.  The Lets Rock stamp is from a Cocoa Daisy Kit.

Please don't laugh at my weird taste in music.




























2 comments:

  1. Wow, seriously fantastic mini, Erica! Love those pages with the 2x2 squares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Elise, WOW.
    You album is outstanding and I too love your playlist in those tiny page protectors.
    Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog and telling me that story of the man bringing in his grandfather's journals to get copied. That touched my heart.
    I did the same to a book my grandmother had as my stepmother wanted it back.

    ReplyDelete