Sunday, June 21, 2015

Summer Mini


Its already that time of the year - Summer.  A few weeks ago, we took the Metrolink down to Oceanside and had lunch on the pier.  Its one of those things we can do on the cheap and my son loves trains.  We ended up having free Metrolink tickets to use and kids are free so.....our only cost was lunch at Ruby's on the pier.

I've had this Simple Stories I {Heart} Summer line laying around.  They just released a new Summer line that is on its way to me as I type this.  I'm super excited to use it but I figured I should crack open the old summer line before the new one arrives.  :)

This is an older Maya Rd chipboard album.  It actually came in a 3 ring binder of the same shape but I left the cover off.  I painted each piece of chipboard with a very light off white acrylic paint and then lined the edges with my trusty fine point Sharpie.  

Then I cut pieces of the paper to 3.25x4.5 to fit just inside the curves of this album.  I used to try and cover these things completely and they never looked right.  I used to throw a lot of unfinished albums out.  This way works better for me.  Depending on the paper line, you can leave the chipboard unfinished and it looks great.  This line needed some grounding and I went with the off white to match the off white of the paper line.


 Glossy Accents - One of my favorite things to do!  It turns paper into an embellishment!
 This flair is from the Simple Stories I {heart} Summer line and it was added to the camera on this page.

 The 'fun' flair is from A Flair For Button Easy shop and is part of the Fun Flair set.






Everything you see is from the Simple Stories I {Heart} Summer line except for the one flair button referenced above.  Happy start of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment