Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Playing with paper dolls

I'm sure you've seen the Julie Nutting dolls from Prima.  I'm not a paper doll person, never was.  Something about these stamps has me hooked though.  Maybe all those years of not playing with them as a little girl has me itching to play with them now.

Whatever it is, I've got a small collection - mostly the boy stamps though.  I do have 2 of the girls.

I took a little watercolor class at a local store this part weekend only because I own watercolors and those cool brushes that hold the water.  I like those.  I figured I should learn how to use these things I just *had* to have - right?

So, here's my first attempt at dressing and watercoloring the stamps.  It was a bit of a challenge at first but I really enjoyed it and can't wait to make another one.

Papers and supplies are all from October Afternoon Witch Hazel line.  I made a mini album one year with this and have lots of leftovers.  The patterns and colors were perfect for what I was thinking.



 Flair button is from A Flair for Buttons Etsy shop.  Link to set....
Web doily is from Stamping' Up and is available in my shop HERE.

 I even dug out an old bottle of Stickles (its been years since I last used them!)

 I also finished up a layout I started a few weeks ago using last years summer line from Simple Stories.  Their lines are totally timeless and I feel like I can pull them out whenever and they feel current to me.  Flair button is from the selfie set available in the AFFB shop (link above).

 Lots of glossy accents on this one.  Just to highlight the fun little details like hearts and the word 'hello'.

No comments:

Post a Comment