Tuesday, August 4, 2009

CHA Day 1 & 2

Monday I headed to the airport nice and early. I wanted to get to Orlando quick and if I had superpowers, I would have flown myself.

One stopover in Phoenix and then on to Orlando. I made it in early and waited for my cousin, Michelle. (Sadly, neither one of us got pictures of us together the entire time!)

When she got there, we headed to the resort. She's a Disney Vacation Club owner so I got treated to some Southern Disney hospitality. We stayed at the Old Key West Resort. All I can say is - awesome! This place had the feel of Key West and the grounds were gorgeous!

No plain jane hotel for me this year! I could live in this place!

Anyway, we had a late dinner and then headed off to bed to get ready for the next day. Michelle had never been to CHA so I was a little more excited than usual. I got a chance to show a newbie around. Usually, I'm squealing to myself since I'm alone at the Summer shows. This year, I got to share it all with another person who loves this hobby as much as I do.

The first day, we ran from booth to booth looking at new products, talking to the manufacturers, placing orders and doing Make'n'Takes.

I had a rolling bag full of catalogs and samples. Yes, I said SAMPLES!! New papers, new Distress Stickles, new Glimmer Mists...... New new new. Does that make you happy? There will be chances to win all of this stuff. I even have all 4 NEW Basic Grey lines that you can win, but you'll have to stay tuned for that!

We stopped for a quick bite to eat and then back to the show. While it was smaller this year, it was nicer. I got a chance to really meet with the manufacturers without feeling pressured to move on and let someone else have a chance. I got more video this time around too.

By the way, videos and pictures will be posted sometime this weekend. I have almost 800 pictures that I need to edit and videos I need to edit. Working on those in between filling your orders! Man, you ladies love to shop!

With a full day of shopping behind us, we headed out to dinner and hit a local scrapbook store.
Now, I'm a sucker for restaurants so I love to eat at places I can't find at home. So when I'm in the area, Cracker Barrel and Steak n Shake are two of my faves.

This is where the internet just failed on me. After dinner, I uploaded all of the days photos to the laptop and the internet connection just wasn't enough for me to upload them! Grrrrrr.......

Off to bed. Another long day tomorrow.

Stay tuned for Day 2 updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment