Monday, September 21, 2009

Summer Documented

I'm almost done with my summer mini album - Summer Documented.  Since we were sponsoring Elle's Studio in September I pulled out all of my Elle's tags and some of the new ones to work with.  She came up with the idea and I loved it!  It was a little easier than the December Daily by Ali Edwards.  This was nice and simple and I didn't feel bad if I didn't scrap every day!  I highlighted the summer events on either a simple one or two page layout in a mini album.

I've had one of the canvas albums by Prima and Donna Downy since they arrived in the store and I've been hoarding it.  I never know what to do with something like this but seeing June's idea, I ran with it!

I loved working on every page.   I challenged myself to try new techniques and even though some of them didn't come out as expected, I still LOVE this album.

Carrie made one too and we'll both be featured on Elle's blog this week!  I also emailed my album idea to Donna Downey when someone who works for her told me that she needed to see it.  So I emailed her. 

Want to see it?  Check out my gallery.

How I made the cover:

Prima Canvas Album
Paint
Stickles
Fiskars Boarder Punch
Sequin Flower
Fancy Pants
Circle Punch
Mists

First, I painted the cover a nice mint green.  The book comes in a plain canvas color with cream colored ribbon borders.  I covered those using Fabritac and Fancy Pants ribbon.  The book is bound with cream colored ribbon as well so I used some of the new Tattered Angels mists to color it.  It has a dark orange color with just a hint of glimmer.  

The letters I used are no longer available from Making Memories.  They were part of a limited release with their summer line.  I used Kaiser pearls but any will do. 

The Sequin flower is something I picked up for the Vintage Shoppe.  They come in 5 fun colors.  I thought the blue tied in nicely.  

To make the sun, I used a 2 inch circle punch and backed it with chipboard.  The 'rays' are the Fiskars border punch.  I Stickled the yellow ones.  

If you haven't played with this album yet, you need to get one.  They are a lot of fun to mist, paint, stamp - whatever!  And now we have refill pages.  This book holds a lot!  I added my own pages using chipboard.  It comes with 5 canvas pages and 5 clear plastic page protectors for a total of 10.  I added at least another 10 pages of my own and have plenty of room to add the few more pages I still need to complete.

1 comment: