Saturday, September 26, 2009

Its that time of year again......

Most people are excited about fall, the kids going back to school or Christmas being less than 100 days away.Me?  I'm excited about this:


And this:



This season is different for me.  I finally let go of my season seats - something that ripped my little heart out.  As much as I'm going to miss this, I'm also relieved that I won't be functioning on minimal sleep and replaying the games in my head the next day as my head bobs up and down.

Don't worry, you'll still know where to find me on game nights - Row 1 Seat 1 - Couch City baby!

I have my Kings jersey (I have 7 to choose from), my Kings blanket and several other items of fashion interest that make it into rotation.

I have tickets to a handful of the important games - you know, like when Ph
oenix comes to town or the East Coast invades the West Coast.

I did not, however, purchase tickets to any games against the Ducks, Sharks etc.  We spend way too much time on the ice with them.  Besides, I'm not making the trek up to Staples Center when the Duck fans decide to attend.  And they claim the Kings fans are rude, crude and vapid.  Takes one to know one!

The only good thing to come out at those games is Duckhunter.  

I will however, make the trek up to Staples multiple times this year to see my Goaltender who the Kings traded last season.  My goaltender.  

If he and the rest of the Coyotes can overcome the ownership issues and put the Weak One, I mean Wayne Gretzky, behind them they have the potential to be a contender this season.  Scary words, I know.  Trust me, when the Kings fail horrifically every season, you have to have something to fall back on.  I have my 'other' teams.  My backups, my standbys.

Anyway, no more of this hot mess behind the Yotes bench this season.  Seriously, angry much?  I think he spent at least 55 of the 60 minutes in the game like this.  I really thought (read wished) his head would explode but it never did.  Yikes.

Since My Goalie plays for Phoenix now, I have to put them on my reserves list.  

Anyway, its been a long offseason and with the start of every new season comes new hope.  This could be the year.  Heck, I'd settle for making it into the first round of the playoffs.  Everything after that is frosting on the cupcake!

1 comment:

  1. That's an awesome pic of Gretzky -- he has two poses; this one and his "whining" face! :)

    ReplyDelete