Monday, March 9, 2009

Composition Books

I'm back with the composition book idea. I've been collecting ideas from places like 2 Peas, Studio Calico and a million sketch sites for the last 4 years. 4 Years of ideas.

And I print them out. So much wasted paper and ink. BUT, I'm recycling them and now have a huge stack of note paper on my desk. I cut each sheet into 4 squares and am using them for notes and other things around the room.

So 8 big binders later, I've consolidated into 2 composition notebooks. I like these because they are small and portable. I've filled them mostly with sketches so I can take them with me to crops. I recently joined a new group in my area - something that was much needed - and am attending local crops at least 2 times a month. So I need to be packed and ready in the least bit of time. Instead of hunting through thousands of ideas to put a page kit together, I now put the papers, embellishments and pictures I want to use in a Cropper Hopper folder and thats my page kit. I can chose the layout or ideas when I get to the crop. Saves me SO much time.

Funny story, I went to my first official crop with this group a few weekends ago. Because I haven't done this in several years, I had the hardest time getting ready. The tools were all thrown in my little organizer. It was the page layouts I had issues with. I was up until 3 am trying to get stuff together. 3 am. The crop started at 9. I lasted from 10-7 that day and I'm very proud of myself.

But I learned something. I learned how to pack for these things. Now I'm armed and ready for the crops on 3/14, 3/20, 3/21 and 3/28. Yep, I have 4 crops scheduled this month. And I plan on getting a lot done.

Not to mention all of the new product that just happens to be showing up each week at the store.

Oy vey!

So, where do I get my sketches and ideas? From the magazines. The Page Maps section of CK is always fun. You get the sketch AND a layout idea to show you how to use that sketch. They each have their own page in the new idea books. Inspired Blueprints is another great sight.

Pencil Lines
2S4U - great card site

So many great sites out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment