Saturday, March 5, 2011

More projects

I promised I had more to share.

Using the new Echo Park for the Record.  Notice a pattern here?  I think Echo Park might be my favorite company. These papers were perfect for this photo.  Taken in 2000.  I was just a baby here.  So was my husband.  We were in New York for my cousins wedding.  We were dating.  Totally in love.  He'd never been to NYC before and I felt I had to share it with him.  I pretty much dragged him all over.  I made him eat food from a cart on the street.  We ate at Carnegie Deli and we rode in a horse drawn carriage through Central Park.  Totally cheesy, totally touristy but SO much fun.



And this one.  I love the new My Minds Eye papers.  I wish my store could carry them but MME does not sell for me.  So I need to hit up my local store.  There are a few lines I love that I've tried carrying.  They don't sell.  So I get pick them up when I can.  I also have the new Fuji Instax camera.  Got a deal on it that I couldn't pass up.  I'm slowly learned how to use it.  I totally stole the layout idea from Cori.  I have an idea for that tag.  Some Zing.  A cute stamp and something else.




Using Graphic 45 - On the Boardwalk.  I'm not a huge fan of Graphic 45 but this line really caught my eye.  Its an older line but I've been holding on to it for a special occasion.  I dipped into  my supply to make this layout.  Martha Stewart border punches, My Little Shoebox Tiny Alphas (they come in over 30 colors), another KI Memories Glitter Words sticker.  That ice cream glass is cut from the back of a tag I got in a Studio Calico kit.  I've been holding on to that one too.  Right about the time I got the papers and the tag, I got word that Farrells was opening up again.  I used to go to Farrells all the time as a kid and then Marriott bought them.  They ruined them and before you knew it, Farrells was gone.  Some guy with a vision, found his ribbon from the time he ate the Pigs Trough all by himself and decided it was his mission in life to reopen this restaurant.  The very first location opened up about 10 minutes from my house.  Guess who was waiting in line......



I had to steal the hat from our waitress for this picture.  They don't give them out anymore.  I'm so glad I get to share this with Nick.

Last I wanted to share a special layout.  Having so many international customers is amazing.  I'm introduced to some pretty cool customs and different parts of the world.  Since I {heart} traveling but can't really take off on a world tour (like when we were childless) this is as close to traveling as I get right now.  So when an international customer ends up in my part of the world I love meeting them!  I recently met Merdrey and Piradee.  I have pictures somewhere....

Last year, Merdrey had a little giveaway on her blog.  I knew the answer to the question but I hated to answer.  I have a little advantage owning a store.  She generously offered to give me a prize anyway.  That prize was a layout created by her.  She brought it to CHA with her.




1 comment:

  1. WOW! you did some amazing things here! love the layouts, especially the EP layout where you tucked the photo underneath the flower.. love that design too! xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete