Thursday, March 3, 2011

Finding time to scrap

because thats why I take the pictures right?  I carved out a few hours this month to make something.  Really, I was at a breaking point.  I love owning a store but sometimes the responsibilities that go along with it are just too much.  So I broke down and brought people in to help me.  In the past, my wonderful friends have spent the day helping me catch up on order so that I can handle some website updates but I really needed someone on a regular basis.

So, 2 days a week, there is someone that comes in to help fill orders.  I used to work with her way back when I had a 'real' job.  She was telecom and I was Help Desk.  In the past 2 weeks since she's been here, it's freed up little bits of time that allow me to spend more time with my son (like taking a day and going to Disneyland).  In the end, the business isn't suffering.  Instead, its growing.  Again.

So while Alyssa handles the DT and the blog and Pam fills orders - I'm adding new products to the store.  I'm able to finish editing the pictures from CHA (because you really want to see them right?) and assist with the warehouse 'remodel'.  After the construction to repair the leaks, it needed some organization.

See, I'm organized but I'm not.  When it was just me filling orders, product had its place.  I *knew* where it was and it made sense to me.  Not to the people helping me though.  What they don't see as 'buttons', I do.  So, slowly, I'm working on some reorg for this poor thing.  That includes new racks, new ways of storing and displaying the boxes of product so that we can pull items easily.

And it reminds me of all the products sitting in my *stash* that are seriously neglected.  Like the cute little containers of Zing.  My mists.  My washi tape.  And that rack of patterned paper.  We won't even go into how many trees make up my stash.

About that stash.  Its a little lighter this week after throwing together some layouts and a quick mini book.

Daddys Girl - Echo Park  - Little Girl line(Excuse the wrinkled white paper.  Thats where the photo will go when I get it printed).  KI Memories pocket and Glitter Word stickers, Studio Calico stamp with Jenni Bowlin ink pad, Bakers Twine, Martha Stewart Border punches, Maya Road velvet ric rac and some My Little Shoebox Tiny Alphas.



Another one for the same friend.  No title.  But her little outfit was yellow and navy.  I mixed and matched the Little Boy and Little Girl lines from Echo Park.  The navy paper is from the Little Boy line and the yellow is from Little Girl. Circle punches, border punches and heart punches.  I used my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher to staple the tiny hearts.  The dress is an older Maya Road item. It was from the girls chipboard keychain we sold a couple of years ago.  I've been hoarding it for something like this.  I tried to recreate an outfit similar to the one in the picture (again, one that needs to get printed).  The flower is cut from the KI Memories Glitter Words.



A mini album using scraps from Echo Park Little Girl.

Just something quick I threw together.  I used a Jenni Bowlin paint dabber (Malted Milk) to cover the edges of the Maya Road mini.  I didn't want to waste time cutting the paper out to fit or using a craft knife.  I'll be adding Stickles and other random bits (butterfly punches) before I send this to my friend.






I have more to share but I'll save that for another post.

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet Erica! Nice to see you getting some time for YOU.
    Even if we do like our businesses to be thriving we still need time to do what we love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, above all the busyness you actually managed to scrap!! That's pretty amazing. I love what you did with the album!! The colors are so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete