Monday, April 11, 2011

Tubie the Robot

I've been waiting to scrap this one.  I had to have the perfect papers.  When I saw the Fancy Pants To the Moon line at CHA, I found them.

A little different from my usual line of papers but this picture required something 'out there'.

I used the star transparency backed with a more basic B side from the line.  I stitched around the star not only to adhere the transparency to the regular paper but also to give the star some personality.  I used the WRMK Sew Easy tool (available in the store) to poke holes.  It didn't work so well with the transparency, but I was able to get the indent and then I went back over it with a needle.  This tool works great on paper - not so much on transparencies.

I also used some AC Zing embossing powders.


My son created Tubie the Robot from diaper boxes and paper towel tubes.  They painted him.   Used frosting can lids for eyes and foil for antennae. He was the class mascot for the summer program last year.  Every day, I'd walk into his room and a piece of Tubie was missing.  the kids slowly picked him apart.  Poor Tubie.

1 comment: