Saturday, November 22, 2008

Team Edward






Yeah, I'm obsessed with the Vampire. But my obsession goes back a little further than Edward, Bella and Jacob. I *love* Brahm Stokers Dracula. I love the dark love story, the history. I love it. Of course, I loved Frankenstein too. I'm a sucker for the classics.

So when all of these crazed mothers atarted talking about these books their daughters were reading, all I had to hear was Vampire. I never got into the Anne Rice novels though. I started them and never finished. Something was missing.

But the Twilight series - oh my. Friday night, we headed to the theater with our pre-purchsed tickets and stood in line with a gazillion teenage girls. Some there with their mothers. I heard 'I'm here to see what the hype is all about' from several of the moms there. Lets just say they were pretty impressed when they walked out of the theater.

I had prepared myself for cheesey. Total hokey teen movie. Instead, I got a decent flick. Yes, it was hokey in some parts but others, just made me fall in love with Edward all over again. I loved the way they portrayed some of the characters. Others, seemed a bit off to me. Jasper. Wow. I know he's supposed to be a 'newborn' but he looked like a robot.

We had to run to keep up with all of the teenies wearing their Twilight gear. On our way out, we were trampled by the next group of teenies arriving for their scheduled movie.

Teen girls everywhere. Wearing Twilight shirts. So I scoped them out today. Over 9,000 designs eh? I have some of them saved. I'm getting something to wear. I need a Team Edward shirt for sure. And maybe a bumper sticker that warns people about my mad driving skills.


Anyway, Robert Pattison just renewed my obsession with Edward. And the good news is, the movie is grossing enough for the sequels to be made. Yeah. Too bad New Moon doesn't feature much of Edward. Is the wait going to be like Harry Potter? I just waited for them to come out on video. I can't do that with this one. I NEED to see it in the theater. Need. Not want. Need.



Finished up my Golden Harvest mini from Christines class. Just the first few pages posted here. I'll get the rest of them taken and posted this week. I have a stack of layouts I've been meaning to photograph/scan and get loaded into the gallery. Creating them is a lot more fun than uploading them right?

No comments:

Post a Comment