Saturday, October 15, 2011

A brief glimpse at Fall

For just a few days we experienced fall like weather here.  A bit of rain and some cooler temps.  Cooler meaning mid 60's.  I can't complain but when I see snow flurries reported in Calgary (where my dad is) I really wish I wasn't living in Southern California.

Why?  Because the 'true' fall is back.  Temps are in the 90's and in some places over 100 degrees.  Thats summer.  For anyone looking to move here, we have two seasons: HOT and not so HOT.  Throw in a few cold days and you have California.  And no, it doesn't excite me that I can just go to the local mountains for some winter weather.  Me and my 300,000 closest friends all driving up the mountain at the same time.  Nothankyou.

Speaking of mountains, we escaped to the local apple farms last weekend.  Someone just wanted to pick apples so he really wasn't in a picture mood.  I tried to get all 3 of us in a picture and he didn't want any part of that.  But when I asked him to climb a tree?  You betcha!



Here are the rest of the pictures:





 Cider press
 Apple tasting


 Yum! Roasting corn.



 The cowboy got to meet some cowboys.








Since most of the apples are late coming in this year, we'll be going back in a couple of weeks to get a few more bushels.  I've been baking this week and making some kind of apple dessert.  Thanks to Pinterest, I've got a few new ones to try like .....

this one

and this one

oh and this one was really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment