Thursday, August 23, 2012

Back to School

Its right around the corner for us and I'm a little excited.  I got my butt in gear this year and I made one of those chalkboard signs.

I've seen them everywhere.

I got the frame at Michaels for $2.50 and threw the glass away.  I painted the wood filler and used a chalk pen to write.  I used Martha Stewart pumpkin colored acrylic paint.

Hopefully it matches the new Simple Stories fall line that I'm (im)patiently waiting to arrive in stores.  His back to school outfit and this frame were carefully matched.  ;)


I've been busy working on layouts too!  I finished 3 in one day - it might be a record for me.  I used up a good chunk of the December 2011 Studio Calico kit in the process.  I don't feel so guilty eyeing their Sept 2012 kit right now.  I've been going back and sorting pictures on my Mac.  I'm one of those sporadic photo printers.  I used to use Scrapbookpictures.com until they closed this year and I'd have an open order going. I'd place one big order every couple of months.  Since they closed, I've been so bad about printing and honestly, I love my Selphy but the quality just isn't 'good'.  Its great for project life and projects like that but not everyday scrapping.

A trip to Costco was in order.  I picked up 369 prints and that was just from 2012.  I still need to go through past years and figure out what I still need printed.  The good news is that I've been in the mood to scrap that box of photos.  So expect an overload of layouts here in the next week.  It feels good to be sharing again.

ETA:  I have 3 boxes full of product for sale.  These are USPS Flat Rate boxes full of paper and embellishments.  Some items are exclusive Studio Calico items from kits that I will not use.  (ie butterflies, hexagons, papers, etc).  There is an assortment of items in each box.  Cost is $30 and that covers the shipping.  Value of contents is $100+.

If interested, please email me at ohmy17@yahoo.com

6 comments:

  1. Cute frame! :)
    I am the same with printing pictures in batches. And only use my home printer for Instagrams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great frame! Must feel great to get so much done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is planning! Great idea. Looking forward to seeing your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the frame! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete