Sunday, January 15, 2012

Project Life Week 1

You can see my cover page post here.

I was featured on the blog for this Etsy shop.  So excited.  I've ordered several sets of her flair buttons and I love every single one of them.  You are going to see a LOT of flair in the coming weeks.  I've got my eye on the new blue travel set.  I have the green and white sets coming my way.

I'm finding that Project Life is really kicking my behind.  It gives me the little kick I need to scrap.  I've spent more hours in my craft room since kicking off PL.

So..... Week 1.




Some Project Life information for you....

I already shared the album I'm using.  I chose red because its a color I haven't already used.  I currently have the blue, green, brown and black in use.  Red was the only color left.  Each color will be the album color for a certain subject.  Blue is Nicholas, for example.

I did not purchase the kit as I have more than enough in my stash to complete this project for the next 10 years.  But I did need to be more organized about.  Last month when I was browsing in Ikea, I found these plastic drawer trays.  They have 5 sections and it was perfect for storing journaling cards and little things.
 One section is my flair.  I order from Marcy Penner, Ormalu, Evalicious, Shelley Haganman.......
 And the free printables you can find online....Or even the ones you pay for!
 And then there is the big section.  The one with tags from Elle's Studio, Chic Tags, Smash book tags, October Afternoon Journaling Cards and of course, the super cute graph cards from Beck Higgins......  there are journaling tags in this section that I've had for years.  They all fit in some fashion in the PL Page Protectors.  My goal this year is to slowly *use* these tags.
 Some larger tags or cutouts.
 My random bits.  Lots of little Maya Road goodies in here.

I pull this bin out when I'm laying out the grid for the week.

My process is this.....

I spend the week taking pictures.  Some days are better than others and I remember to capture the moments.  I'm getting better about remembering.

My week runs Sunday to Saturday.  So Saturday night I try to sit down and put my pictures into a folder on my desktop.  I have a sub folder for each week.  *Just* in case I don't get to it right away, they're in there.

Now that Scrapbookpictures.com is out of business, I had to find a way to print my phone photos.  (I'll post a tutorial when I get home.)  I upload and edit all of them.  My goal is to get 2 iphone pictures on one 4x6 print.  I purchased the USB cable to hook my Selphy up to my Mac.  I don't have good luck printing from my regular printer.

From there, I try to judge which page protectors I need.  For the left side, I have to use what I used the week before but then the second half is a blank canvas.  I purchased the multi pack of page protectors so I have options.  Each square can be very plain or you can treat it as a mini scrapbook page.  I try to fit my photos into the larger sections and use the 3x4 sections for my journaling cards.

I pull from the journaling card pile and my scraps pile.  I also use my extensive Washi tape collection.  A strip here, a strip there......

I try not to over think it.  Most of my supplies are in the colors I use most.  What I've been doing is pulling from a group of scraps.  If I have several pieces left from a certain line, I use them together.  My cover page uses papers from MME and Week 1 uses some older Echo Park papers (Little Boy).  This is a great way to use up some scraps too.

Memorabilia - I have a yellow pot on my desk that holds random bits from the week for now.  I'm also working on my craft space.  I'll be sharing that as soon as I finish it.  Right now, its a work in progress because of the move and the fact that this room has been my office.  I'm slowly converting it to my space.

No comments:

Post a Comment