Thursday, March 1, 2012

Christmas Mini

I love the look of a December Daily but I've never been able to finish one.  Ever.  I have 4 years sitting unfinished and *gasp* I've even thrown them away.  I kept one - the one I started in 2010.  I still have everything in a box ready to finish but I'm stuck on day 14.

Every year, I get excited to document something at Christmas.  I take so many pictures and just never scrap them.  So this year, I challenged myself to a smaller type project.  An Elf on the Shelf book.

I took a picture almost every day of the elf and his antics.  You can see my blogs posts about him here, here, here and here.  I'm so glad I got these photos uploaded in time to have them printed by ScrapbookPictures.com before they closed.  This was my very last order from them.

And as I cleaned up my room, I collected the holiday papers and embellishments I've been buying for this project.

Friday and Saturday I pretty much locked myself in my scrap cave room and put this together.  I emerged early Sunday with a finished project.  I even had to turn on Christmas music to get me in the mood.


































Products Used:

October Afternoon Holiday Style
Echo Park Seasons Greetings
May Arts Burlap String 
Divine Twine

15 comments:

  1. So fun to see your album!! I love scrapping with my Instagram photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LoVe all these pages ... just sums up Christmas perfectly! Also LoVe your handwriting ... even without knowing where you are in the world I could tell from your writing ... it is JUST like my dear friends!!! Debbie #89

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love the elf on the shelf!!! too cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so great! I have never attempted a DD, but am thinking I might do JYC next Christmas. I really love what you have done here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your book looks great, i love the size of your pictures,perfect for a mini. I am still struggeling with my DD. I have lots of bits and pieces done, but find it difficult to finish.
    Maybe i have to lock myself in my scraproom for a day,like you did:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice i'm sure your glad it's finished one project down on to another crafter.. thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great album! Looks like your elf did a lot of fun things this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous little mini!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great! Love how you took pictures of the Elf....so cute. It took me awhile to finish my DD too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! I love the photo of him and lightening McQueen! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray! Love a finished album - no matter how long it takes to complete! Looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think this is a terrific idea.. seeing that so many people start and never finish DD. lol.

    a much smaller scaler, but meaningful nevertheless. I'm sure it will be cherished for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a fabulous job with this. I did a DD last year and must admit, it was a bit stressful to keep it up daily. For this December, I am thinking of making a December mini, but not a daily. Seems like a way better idea, I agree!

    ReplyDelete