Saturday, November 18, 2006

Whats better than a Ducks loss?

A Kings win. Three games in three days for me. I'm tired, but its all worth it. Now I have a week off from games. The Kings are on a Road Trip.

So, after the disappointing loss by the Kings on Thursday to Philly, the Ducks were treated to a loss by Chicago. Chicago took waaaayyyy too many penalties to win a game, but win they did. Normally, when I go to the Ducks games, they win. I'm a good luck charm or something. :(

And then tonight, the Kings beat Phoenix - not necessarily a hard thing to do. Gretzky is too emotional to coach. He's still in the mindset of a player. Just because he was a great player, doesn't mean he'll be a great coach. And Gordie Howe trumps Gretzky any day. Howe played the entire game, Gretzky, well, we'll save my disgust for him for another day. I dont' want to ruin the awesome feeling of a win with that man.

And JR got laid out by Cowan. Not exactly a clean hit, but a hit. JR was booed every time he touched the puck. In an interview after the game, JR apologized for sucking last year and even went so far as to say that "if I were a Kings fan, I'd probably boo me too". Guess what JR:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Not only did my Kings win, but the Monarchs put on a good show in Manchester. I'll get back there one of these days.....

Jason Labarbera - yes, my goalie - stopped 46 shots for a shutout. YEP! You heard it here first. A shutout. My boy! Must have been the mojo from the jersey. I've been wearing his jersey to the Kings games and whenever I do, he wins. The one time I switched up and wore Cammy's jersey, he lost. So, whenever the Kings have a game the same night as the Monarchs, the JLB jersey makes an appearance.

They even voted him one of the 3 Stars for the game too.






#1 Patrick O'Sullivan - Hat Trick







# 2 Jason Labarbera - 46 saves and a shutout









#3 Noah Clarke - 2 goals

No comments:

Post a Comment