Tuesday, July 4, 2006

4th of July

Happy 4th!

2 Peas blogger question of the day - Do you have any traditions on the 4th?

Yes, we do. It's my grandmothers birthday so we celebrate. She was born on the 3rd but we all over look it and celebrate it on the 4th. She usually makes home made ice cream (I love this stuff!) and we have a cake for her. We used to have a huge fireworks show on their street in the old neighborhood, but that was a long time ago.

So, only 65 days til the cruise. I checked the Bridgecam again todaya nd the ship is still docked in Copenhagen. You can check out the Bridgecam's for Princess at http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/. A lot of the ships are in Alaska right now and a couple of them were sailing past the glaciers yesterday. Got a good glimpse of Glacier Bay. If you've never been to Alaska, you need to go. The ships sail right up to the glaciers and just sit for a while and let you watch the activity. We took the first sailing up there in May 2 years ago - amazing stuff. I want to plan a trip for the week of June 21st the next time I go so I can see the almost 24 hours of daylight. How cool would that be?
So, 65 LONG days til we leave. I'll be busy with my new position at work so it shoul keep me busy. Lots of traveling - to Salt Lake City and Plano TX. Never been to SLC before but I hear the scrapbook shopping is to die for! Guess I'll have to make it a point to get out one night and shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment