Sunday, July 2, 2006

A few things.....

So, I took a break from the blog. I've been busy. Friday, we went to see the Counting Crows and Goo Goo Dolls in concert. It was my birthday present. Love the Crows. I make it a point to see them whenever I can. I've loved them since they were the Himalayans. Yes, that goes back to pre-1993 Mr. Jones.

Their interim album is out to appease the fans while they finish up the next studio album, which yes, I am anxious to own. The last release was 3 years ago and their last tour was 2 years ago. Let's just say it seemed like a lifetime before they hit the stage on Friday. I like the Goo Goo Dolls (especially Johnny Reznick *sigh*) but I wanted to see the Crows. They could have played for 6 hours and I would still want more. They are an awesome live band and if you've never seen them, you should. Adam Duritz is an amazing storyteller and a great entertainer - not to mention his cute dreads. He looked like Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons this week - all of the dreads piled up on top of his head.

So, a shameless plug for the interim album. New Amsterdam: Live


And here's a little Johnny Reznick......

yes, he is yummy, isn't he?

1 comment:

  1. I was there too. Total counting crows groupie! My 9th time seeing them. They totally rock!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete