Sunday, August 14, 2011

At the fair

I've never been one for the fairs and carnivals.  Not until I had my son.  He's getting big enough to ride most of the rides and its fun to watch him.

We took him for his birthday (just one of the activities in his week long celebration) and then once more after that because we had ununsed tickets and things left to see.  Seeing that this is the last week, we're thinking about going once more.

I always check out the craft building just to see the scrapbooking and other crafts.  My grandmother was running one of the booths with her Knit Guild so we stopped to see her before heading out to the midway.

I just happened to see this quilt and fell in love.  I'm not a quilter but I wish I had my sons baby clothes because I would pay someone to make this.


Then we hit up the Ice Museum only because it was the hottest week so far and someone said it was 20 degrees inside this meat locker museum.  Meat locker?  Its so cold they offer loaner blankets.   Everything is made out of carved ice blocks.  Its impressive.










Next we rode an elephant.  I wish I had a digital copy of the photo of us on this animal.  I was clinging to this elephant in fear of falling off.  I haven't been on one in more than 20 years and I forgot they rock back and forth.  Their shoulders roll and so do you..... on that silly mat they have you sit on.  Nick loved it.  He was laughing the entire time and swaying with the elephant.  I was just hanging on for dear life.

The only photo I have is of the group ahead of us.
 The view from up here......
Nick wanted to ride the people mover and since we've established *I* have a fear of heights, this was one he went on with dad.  Dad can't do the spinny rides so I get the pleasure of those.  I actually enjoy those.
 And a fun wall I found.
 Then it was off to the midway for games and rides.  I don't have a lot of photos from this point on because I was on the rides with him.







1 comment:

  1. That quilt is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Can't wait for our fair- my kids are just big enough now too. makes it so much more fun!
    blessings~c

    ReplyDelete