Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm just a crafting fool!

The first one was completed using bits and pieces from my Studio Calico kit.  I really do need to use these more often.  

 7 Gypsies papers, Glitz tags, Sassafras Starters papers, AC Thickers, Maya Road mists and Studio Calico white mist.
 Sassafras Lass Starters paper, October Afternoon Mini Market stickers, title cut with my new Silhouette.



I have a new toy.  A couple of years ago, I bought a Cricut and I owned it for approx. 4.5 days before I sent it back.  I didn't like it.  It was difficult to figure out, bulky and just a bunch of other things that made it undesirable to me.  I'd also owned the hand held Quickutz thing where you had to slip one die in,  squeeze it, slide the die out, slide the next one in, squeeze.....  You get the picture.  I wanted something that I could cut more things than alphabets AND I wanted it to be easy.  Cheap and easy.  So after a lot of investigating, I went with the Slice.  It had been out for almost a year when I got mine so the 'kinks' had been worked out.  In the 2+ years I've had mine, I NEVER had an issue with it.

I just recently upgraded to the Elite and I love it even more.  But I still wanted more from my diecut system.  Everyone started talking about the Silhouette.  To me, it was another Cricut and I wasn't about to go there again.  I finally broke down.  I got a deal I couldn't refuse.  Okay, I won it.   Whatever, its sitting here in my office just begging me to use it.

I've downloaded a ton of cuts already from the online store.  I love that I can purchase the one image I need and not a $40-60 cartridge.  I bought the subscription so I saved even more.  My first cut was the title 'pumpkin patch' and the pumpkins.  Just a quick test to see how it works.  I.  Love. It.  My poor Slice may take a back seat for a while until I get this out of my system.  I even purchased some designs from Kerri Bradford.  I've been drooling over her designs for a while and her blog has been bookmarked for a while.  In fact, she was the one who was pushing me over the edge to get the Silhouette.

You'll be seeing a lot more ideas using my Silhouette in the coming weeks including Halloween invites for our party!

No comments:

Post a Comment