Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to crafting.....

With all of the inspiration from the Shop Hop and just *making* time to scrapbook, I've been able to get a few things done.  I've mentioned before that sometimes, owning a scrapbook store takes away your desire to actually scrapbook.  When I'm getting 20-30 orders filled every day AND trying to entertain a 4 year old, you get burnt out.

So I take some time to recharge every once in a while.  So thats why the craft related posts are so spread out.  With Summer nearing an end and *someone* going back to school 5 days a week, this should be a little easier on everyone schedule wise.   And the million or so pictures I took this summer will finally make their way into mini albums and pages.  I have 3 months of backlogged Studio Calico kits that haven't been touched - I keep mine for 3 months before I break them up and add them to my ever growing stash.  Anything I don't want gets donated or stuffed in a box for garage sales, presents for scrappy friends etc.

So here is just a sampling of what I've been working on.....

A mini using the Destination line from Simple Stories.  This was a class kit from one of the local stores we hit up.  THIS kit is the reason I finally decided to start carrying Simple Stories.  I had to see for myself what it was all about.  Now I can't get enough of it.




















Mini albums are simple to make with these lines.  There are so many 12x12 papers and page elements built in to the 12x12 sheets that the books build themselves.  Then you embellish them.  I'm working on that Summer {not so} mini with the 100 Days of Summer line now that is turning out to everything I wanted it to be and more.

I've also been trying to keep up with my card making.




Using up some scraps I had from the October Afternoon Rocket Age line.  I have more to share later!

No comments:

Post a Comment