Thursday, August 18, 2011

Shop Hop - San Diego Stores

We were lucky enough to have a local Shop Hop this summer with 39 stores participating.  That number is way down from the over 70 that used to participate.

We were issued passports with the list of stores in it and given 2 weeks to compile as many stamps as possible.  I got 13.  (Of of the writing of this post, I have 2 more days to get more stamps but with no one to watch my son, it probably won't happen.)  I'm pretty proud of the number of stores I got to hit.  We (my friends and I) headed out on Sundays - the only day we could really all get together and hit as many stores as we could in one area.  We drove up to Pasadena/Monrovia for some of them.

In the end, we collected the 6x6 make n take and the bottle cap from each store we visited and we got some fun products along the way! Oh and every store was themed.  They chose a country or place and decorated.  Some had photo ops set up in each store and their make n takes were all themed.

Here are just some of the photos from our trips.  My friend has more pictures that I need to get from her....

Cool Scrapbook Stuff  India












Stamping Details - Japan








Paper Tales - by far my favorite store in San Diego







We stopped for lunch at this really cute place next to Paper Tales called Daddy-O's.  Great burgers and their fries are killer.  I'm a picky fry person.  I don't like them too thick.  I don't like them greasy and soft, I like a crispy, fresh fry.  These fries were excellent AND they had some kind of a lemon pepper/salt on them.  Delish.  The 3 of us shared a basket of Frings and still couldn't eat then all.










I'll share the next two outings later.  We hit up a couple of other areas as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment